Krabi Hong Island Tour by speedboat
- Hong Island and Pakbia Island
- Just 20 minutes by speedboat from Ao Nang.
- Stunning scenery and wonderful beaches for swimming.
- Lots of fish in shallow water. Easy snorkeling from the shore.
- There is also a small trail through the island (about 600m long) where you might spot big monitor lizards.
This tour runs every day, all year round.
0830 hrs: Pick up from your Krabi hotel and transfer to the boat pier.
0900 hrs: Speedboat ride to Hong Island, passing by the Royal Palace and Klong Muang beach.
Sight seeing at Hong Island’s inner lagoon inside the island with beautiful towering limestone cliffs on all sides.
Lunch at the Hong Island national park head quarters.
Enjoy the beach with fantastic white powder sand and clear water for swimming.
After lunch visit Pakbia Island, an unspoiled gem perfect for swimming and sunbathing.
1500 hrs: Depart back to the pier in Ao Nang and transfer to your hotel.
Price: 1,500 baht per adult / 1,200 baht per child (3-11 years)
Price includes: Lunch, drinking water, fresh fruits, mask and snorkel use, life jacket, round trip hotel transfers*
Price excludes: National park fee 400 baht per adult / 200 baht per child, payable in cash on the day of the tour.
Group discounts (will be applied at checkout):
- 3-4 people: discount 50 baht per adult
- 5-9 people: discount 100 baht per adult
- Group of 10 or more. Please contact us for group rates
*Hotel pick up and transfer: Round trip land transfers are provided by shared minivan service from hotels in Ao Nang, Khlong Muang, Tubkaek beach, Ao Namao or Krabi town. Transfers cannot be provided from Had Yao or any hotel without road access such as on Railey beach, Tonsai beach or the Centara Grand resort. Transfers are not provided from private villas or air bnb’s.
Restrictions: This tour is not suitable for children below 3 years of age, pregnant women or people over the age of 70.
– 7 days or more prior to the package or tour date: full refund less bank fees.
– 3-6 days prior to the package or tour date: 30% of total price
– Within 72 hours of the package or tour date, or no show: 100% of total price.
Weather Policy: This is an all weather tour and still runs if it is raining in the morning. The tour will be cancelled if the forecast is for rough sea unsafe for small boats. The decision to cancel is made on the morning of the tour by the boat captain and the harbour master. If a trip is cancelled because of bad weather you can reschedule to the next available day. If you cannot reschedule you will be refunded in full.
What to expect
Koh Hong is about 20 minutes by speedboat from AoNang. We recommend the speedboat tour because the long tail boats take one hour to get there and one hour back (normally the long tail tours are done by extra big long tail boats that are crowded. They are also hard to climb into because they have 1 metre high sides and small rickety ladders).
There isn’t much coral for snorkeling at Hong Island although mask and snorkel are provided if you fancy looking for some small fish, mostly sergeant majors, rabbit fish and a few parrot fish.
Note that this is Krabi Hong Island, there is also a Hong Island in Phang Nga bay. Hong means room in Thai so many islands with inner lagoons are called Hong Island.