Phi Phi and Bamboo Island tour
Day trip from Krabi to Phi Phi Islands by speed boat
A great value tour that includes all the highlights at Phi Phi
- Maya Bay (Leo DiCaprio’s “The Beach”).
- Viking Cave. Where birds nests are harvested to make birds nest soup.
- Monkey Beach. There is a short photo stop at monkey bay.
- Ton Sai Bay. The main village on Phi Phi Don is where a restaurant lunch is provided. There is time to stroll around, shop, have a drink or visit Loh Dalam Bay.
- Bamboo Island. A beautiful island of white sand and turquoise water for swimming and snorkeling.
- Two opportunities for snorkeling.
Daily departures all year round.
0800-0830 hrs: Pick up from your Ao Nang or Krabi Town hotel and transfer to the speedboat at Noparatara pier, Ao Nang.
0830-0900 hrs: Check in and meet your guide for a briefing on the day.
0900-0930 hrs: 30 minute speed boat ride to Bamboo Island.
0930-1030 hrs: One hour to enjoy Bamboo Island swimming and snorkeling. There is plenty of shade under the Casuarina trees if you prefer to stay out of the sun.
1030-1045 hrs: Speedboat ride down past Phi Phi Don Island to Phi Phi Ley Island.
1045-1050 hrs: A short photo stop at Viking cave then move onto Maya bay.
1050-1100 hrs: Briefly visit Pilay Cove to see the beautiful turquoise water and take some photos.
1100-1130 hrs: Into Maya bay and stop for about 30 minutes, just long enough to walk through the island to Loh Samah bay.
1130-1140 hrs: Move to Phi Phi Don Island and briefing stop at Monkey beach.
1140-1400 hrs: Visit Ton Sai bay for approximately 2 hours. A buffet lunch is served in a local restaurant then you are free to walk around Tonsai bay’s back alleys or visit the beach at Loh Dalam bay.
1400-1500 hrs: Head out of Tonsai bay to a snorkeling area in open water where the reefs are prettier than those by the shore. Approximately one hour is spent here for swimming and snorkeling.
1500-1545 hrs: Return to AoNang passing close by Chicken Island.
1545-16.30 hrs: Transfer back to your hotel.
Please note that this is a typical itinerary and that itineraries are subject to change at the discretion of the tour guide based on weather, tides and other factors.
Price: 1,800 baht per adult / 1,200 baht per child (3-11 years)
Price includes: Lunch, drinking water, fresh fruits, mask and snorkel use, life jacket, round trip hotel transfers*
Price excludes: National park fee 400 baht per adult / 200 baht per child, payable in cash on the day of the tour.
*Hotel pick up and transfer: Free land transfers are provided by shared minivan service from hotels in Ao Nang, Khlong Muang, Tubkaek beach, Ao Namao or Krabi town. Transfers cannot be provided from Had Yao or any hotel without road access such as on Railey beach, Tonsai beach or the Centara Grand resort. Transfers are not provided from private villas or air bnb’s.
Group Discounts (will be applied at checkout):
- 3-4 people: discount 50 baht per adult
- 5-9 people: discount 100 baht per adult
- Group of 10 or more. Please contact us for group rates
Restrictions: Speedboat tours are not suitable for infants 3 years old and under, or for pregnant women and the elderly over 70 years of age.
– 7 days or more prior to the package or tour date: full refund less bank fees.
– 3-6 days prior to the package or tour date: 30% of total price
– Within 72 hours of the package or tour date, or no show: 100% of total price.
Weather Policy: This is an all weather tour and still runs if it’s raining in the morning. Tours are cancelled if rough sea unsafe for small boats is forecast. The decision to cancel is made on the morning of the tour by the boat captain and the harbour master. If a trip is cancelled due to bad weather you choose to reschedule or take a full refund.