Similan Islands day trip from Phuket
Speedboat departs from Phuket
Koh Similan one day tour
- Start and finish from Yacht Haven Marina Phuket.
- Passenger numbers are less than on other boats. Max 35 passengers on a 3 engine boat (other boats take 50+).
- Early start to beat the crowds.
- Guides try to avoid the other boats as much as possible. No fixed itinerary.
- Guides spend more time in the water with snorkelers.
- Snorkeling equipment includes fins (most tours just provide mask and snorkel).
- A day trip for independent travelers, not package tours.
Mon, Wed, Fri from November to April.
Every trip is different depending on tides, weather, sea conditions, other boats etc.
Guests staying in Phuket hotels will be picked up at 0530-0645 hrs (depending on hotel location) and transferred by AC minivan to Yacht Haven Marina.
0730 hrs: The speedboat journey to the Similan Islands takes about 1 hour 45 minutes.
1500 hrs: Depart the Similan Islands and return to Phuket, arriving at about 1700 hrs.
Arrive back at Phuket hotels around 1800-1830 hrs.
Price: 4,100 baht per adult / 2,700 baht per child (4-12 years)
Price includes: National park fees, snorkeling equipment, snorkeling guide, picnic lunch (Thai food) on the beach, round trip hotel transfers*, accident insurance.
Group discounts (will be applied at checkout):
- 3-4 adults: 100 baht/person discount
- 5-9 adults: 200 baht/person discount
- 9 or more people: Please contact us for group rates
*Hotel pick ups and transfers: Free two way transfers are provided by shared minivan service from hotels in Phuket. Transfers cannot be provided from private addresses / airbnb’s.
Restrictions: These speedboat tours are not suitable for infants 3 years old and under, or for pregnant women and the elderly over 70 years of age.
– 7 days or more prior to the package or tour date: full refund less bank fees.
– 3-6 days prior to the package or tour date: 30% of total price
– Within 72 hours of the package or tour date, or no show: 100% of total price.
Weather Policy: This is an all weather tour and still runs if it is raining in the morning. The tour will be cancelled if the forecast is for rough sea unsafe for small boats. The decision to cancel is made on the morning of the tour by the boat captain and the harbour master. If a trip is cancelled because of bad weather you can reschedule to the next available day. If you cannot reschedule you will be refunded in full.
What to expect
The Mu Koh Similan marine national park is made up of 9 islands although three of those are closed to tourists.
The fringing reefs at the Similans are shallow depth with crystal clear water, ideal for snorkeling. Schools of fish are abundant. You can also expect to see turtles, eels, stingrays and much more. Similan island beaches have snow white sand which you will have a chance to dip your toes in during the tour. You can also climb the Sail Rock view point on Koh Similan (island number 8).