Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should we book with you?
- We are fully legal. We are registered with the Tourism Authority of Thailand. We are registered with the Department of Business Development (E Commerce registration ID 0833552000961). The tour guides that we use are licensed and insured. The vehicles that we use are properly licensed and insured.
- We are local. Our head office is in Phuket, not a thousand miles away in the US or Europe. You can come and visit us here. We are available if you need us, you can call our mobile phone numbers.
- We do not charge any booking or agent fees. You can pay with secure online credit card payment. Or paypal, bank transfer / deposit.
- We do not charge to change a booking. In most cases you can change a day tour booking just 72 hours before.
- In most cases you can cancel a day tour 7 days before the tour date and get a full refund (minus bank fees).
- We have a wide selection of tours and we select the better tours. We don’t sell the really cheap pile ’em high tours, we select better options.
- We offer discounts for groups, for multiple bookings, for returning customers.
- We offer join in tours by other operators (we act as a booking agent) plus our own tailor made tours.
- We offer more knowledge and experience than any other company. We have years of experience, we are honest, we do not make exaggerated claims.
- How can I book a tour?
You can book online. You can also contact us by email, phone, line, whatsapp.
- How can I pay for my tour?
You can pay online by credit card or paypal. You can also pay by bank transfer or deposit into our bank account. Or you can pay by cash or credit card at our office.
- Can I book a tour now and pay on arrival?
We require advance payment to confirm a booking. In the past we accepted payment on the day but unfortunately too many people didn’t show up so now we must insist on advance payment.
- How soon in advance should I book?
It depends on the time of year and the size of your group. We accept bookings for day tours one day before but recommend booking at least 3 or 4 days in advance. In peak season you should book well in advance to avoid disappointment. Overnight trips with limited accommodation can fill up months in advance so it’s best to book early.
If you plan to wait until you are in Thailand before making a booking it is best to inform your bank so that they can remove any restrictions on your credit card.
- Do I need to print my booking voucher?
You can either bring a paper copy of your booking voucher or show it on your mobile phone.
- Do you provide free airport transfers?
No. But we have a private airport transfer service if required.
- Do you book hotels?
Normally we do not book hotels. There is so much choice and you can usually get a better deal by booking with one of the big booking engines like Agoda. We are happy to offer hotel recommendations though.
- What happens if the weather is bad on the day of my tour?
Most of our tours are all weather tours and still run if it is raining in the morning. Boat tours will be cancelled if the forecast is for rough sea unsafe for small boats. The decision to cancel is made on the morning of the tour by the boat captain and the harbour master. If a trip is cancelled because of bad weather you can reschedule to the next available day. If you cannot reschedule you will be refunded in full.
- What do you think the weather will be like on (insert date here)?
Sorry but we can’t predict the future which is why we have a weather policy and a cancellation policy in place.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Different tours may have sightly different cancellation terms which will be detailed in your booking but in general for day tours in the event of cancellation the following charges apply:
– 7 days or more prior to the package or tour date: full refund less bank fees.
– 3-6 days prior to the package or tour date: 30% of total price
– Within 72 hours of the package or tour date, or no show: 100% of total price.
Cancellations must be made by email from the lead contact to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I change the date of tour?
You can change the date of a one day tour free of charge 72 hours before departure subject to availability. For liveaboard tours we will do our best to change your dates if you give us plenty of advance notice, but it may not always be possible.
- How will I be picked up for my tour?
Pick up from your hotel reception will be by air conditioned minibus, the driver will look for you in the reception area. After the tour you will be returned to your hotel. Transfers are a shared service and can run slightly late if there is a delay before you (traffic jam or a late guest for example). Please be patient but if you have been waiting 15 minutes after the scheduled pick up time please can us on 081 2727556.
Minibuses are normally unmarked, the driver will have your name on his list. Please show the driver your booking voucher.
- Can you pick me up at one hotel and return me to another hotel?
This is normally possible depending on the location (surcharges may apply). Please note though that space for bags is very limited on the minibuses and big bags cannot be taken on speedboats.
- Can you call me when the driver is close, I want to wait in my room / in the restaurant.
Sorry we cannot do that. Please be ready in reception.
- Can you pick me up from an AirBnB?
Addresses in Thailand are very hard to find so we have a policy of not picking up from airbnb’s or private addresses to avoid delays. You should inform us of a nearby hotel where you will wait for the pick up.
- Do I get a discount if I drive myself to the pier?
- Do I get a discount if I bring my own lunch?
- My partner just wants to join the boat but not snorkel. Is it cheaper?
- Do you offer discounts to airline staff / hotel staff / military?
Sorry no. We do offer group discounts though
- Are life jackets provided?
Yes. Life jackets are provided on all boat tours. If you want to wear the life jacket in the water for buoyancy support you can do.
- Do I have to wear the life jacket while snorkeling?
No. If you are a good swimmer / snorkeler and like to dive down, you will not be required to wear a life jacket?
- Can you take photos of me while I snorkel?
Some tours do have photographers on board.
- Can my infant join the tour?
It depends on the tour. Please check with us first. Infants below 3 years old are not permitted on any speedboat tours.
- Do you run the tours yourself or are you an agent?
Both. We are an authorized agent for most of the tours on this website. We do operate some tours ourselves, like our private tours and airport transfers.
- Who is Easy Day Thailand? Who is Sanook Scuba? Are you all the same company?
Easydaythailand (ED1 Ltd part) is a group of Thai’s and foreigners who have been working in Thailand’s tourism industry for two decades. You will not find a company with more collective experience or knowledge of the Phuket and Thailand tourism sector than Easyday.
Sanook Scuba Limited partnership is a dive shop in Phuket Town.
ED1 Ltd Co. & Sanook Scuba Ltd. part are both registered companies and are separately owned. Both work with www.SnorkelingThailand.com website which is focused mainly towards snorkeling.
Depending on which tour you book your booking will be with either ED1 or Sanook Scuba.