Similan Snorkeling tours from Khao Lak
Similan Islands tours
Choose one of these Similan Island tours starting from Khao Lak:
Similan Islands Early Bird tour
- Best feedback from this premium tour
- Not crowded. Better guides
- Includes 2 guided snorkeling sessions
- Beach excursions
- Sail Rock view point
- Similan Islands tour >>
Affordable Similan Island tour
- Full day trip by speedboat. 2 snorkeling sessions.
- Includes islands 4,5,6,8 and 9
- Includes Princess bay, Donald Duck bay and Sail rock viewpoint.
- Cheaper Similan Island tour >>
Similan Islands overnight
- 2d1n stay on boat
- Dive, snorkel, beach, viewpoint
- Book early! Space is limited.
- 2d1n Similan Island tour >>
Private Similan Island tour by charter speedboat
- Full day private charter speedboat.
- Similan Islands 4,5,6,8 and 9. Two snorkeling sessions.
- Beaxhes at Honeymoon bay, Princess Bay and Donald Duck bay (Sail rock viewpoint).
- Charter rates from 50,000 baht
- Private Similan Island tour >>
Similan snorkeling is some of the best in Thailand. (Jacques Cousteau rated Similan Islands diving as top 10 in the world). The Similan Islands are a chain of nine granite islands that form Similan Island National Marine Park. Snorkelers can expect to see huge schools of fish including snapper, fusilier, surgeon fish, rabbit fish, parrot fish and so much more. You’ll probably also see turtles and blue spotted stingrays. If you really hunt for them there are also vast amounts of critters camouflaged on the reef and on the sea bed like mantis shrimps, garden eels, pipe fish, stone fish and scorpion fish. There is a fair chance of seeing leopard sharks (which are harmless). Manta ray and whale shark encounters aren’t common but do happen on occasion. The fish in the Similan Islands are bigger than everywhere else in Thailand.
The corals are a mix of hard and soft coral on the eastern fringing reefs. Western sites have huge granite boulder formations. In the crystal clear water they make dramatic underwater seascapes.
The Similan Island beaches are some of the best in Thailand with beautiful white sand lapped by turquoise water.
Travelling time from Khao Lak to the Similan Islands is approximately 1.5 hours by speedboat.