Koh Samui hotels
Where ever you stay on Koh Samui we can arrange transfers for your tours, Samui is a pretty small island.
The main beach is Chaweng beach. It’s one of the better swimming beaches on Koh Samui as long as you don’t stay too far north. In the evening the beach restaurants are a wonderful place to dine with the sand in your toes. Chaweng beach also has most bars and clubs, all a mid much for middle aged duffers like us. If you want to party all night you’ll enjoy Chaweng. We prefer Lamai beach to the south which is more relaxed. You also get better value for money accommodation in Lamai. Between Chaweng beach and Lamai beach is Thongtakien bay which we really love. It’s got three small 3 star resorts that are great for families or couples. We also like the Fishermans village area of Bophut which has some trendy bars and cafes and some good seafood restaurants on the beach.
Our Koh Samui hotel recommendation
Each Koh Samui hotel recommendations below links to Agoda.com, a major online hotel booking website. Recommending hotels is never easy but all the suggestions below have either been stayed in by us or come highly recommended by friends. If you can’t find what you are looking for please ask us, we are agents for many hotels throughout Thailand including smaller boutique resorts that are not on Agoda.
- Al’s Resort – central for bars but quiet at night. Beach front. Basic rooms.
- Chaweng Buri – 4 star luxury in Chaweng beach.
- Centara Grand – 5 star beach front.
- The Pavilion – luxury Lamai beach front.
- Thai House and Samui Jasmine Resort – 3 star beach front Lamai beach resorts.
- Varinda Garden Resort – a few minutes walk from the beach and up a hill but we love the quirky style and friendly welcome of this family run boutique resort.
- Thongtakien Resort, Crystal Bay Resort and Promtsuk Buri Resort – 3 star bungalow resorts, all similar, all very nice. Great for couples or families.