Koh Tao snorkeling tours
Day trips from Koh Samui to Koh Tao & Koh Nang Yuan
Choose one of these Koh Tao tours:
- Includes Koh Tao in the morning and Koh Nang Yuan in the afternoon.
- This full day tour by speed boat takes 90 minutes to get to Koh Tao. It’s the fastest day trip from Samui and excellent value.
- The best months are June, July and August when the sea is calmest.
- Price: 1,900 baht (1,300 baht per child)
- Koh Tao tour >>
- A big boat alternative that uses the Koh Samui to Koh Tao ferry to get you to Koh Tao where you transfer on the snorkeling boat.
- It takes two hours to do the crossing because the ferry stops at Koh Phangan on the way. But it’s much more comfortable. There are comfy seats in the air con deck or you can relax on the upper deck and get some sun. The big boat departs earlier than the ferry boat and returns later so the time spent at Koh Tao is the same as with the speedboat tour.
- This tour will suit anyone prone to motion sickness or families with young children. It is also recommend for beginner snorkelers.
- Price 2,800 baht (1,400 baht per child)
- Koh Tao catamaran tour >>
Koh Tao (Turtle Island) is just 21 sqkm small and is an island filled with dive centres. The dive shops are there because of the numerous coral reefs nearby. One of the best areas for snorkeling is at Koh Nangyuan, a private island just off Koh Tao.
Anyone staying on Koh Tao can simply take their snorkel, mask and fins and walk off one of the beaches. Or get a transfer by boat around to Koh Nangyuan and snorkel from the beach there. Or you can jump on one of the many dive boats that go to the further out dive sites like Chumphon Pinnacle and Sail Rock. You may get lucky and see a whale shark at Chumphon Pinnacle, they are frequent visitors there. Ideally we recommend staying a few days at Koh Tao or on the resort at Koh Nangyuan but if you don’t have the time to stay at Koh Tao you can do day trips from Koh Samui.
Map of Koh Tao snorkeling sites