Phang Nga day trip recommendations
Phang Nga bay tours
Choose one of these Phang Nga tours, starting from Phuket:
- Cheap (but good) sea cave kayaking tour
- Available all year round
- Includes Koh Hong and Koh Panak
- Includes James Bond Island
- Sea kayaking Phang Nga bay >>
- Premium tour
- Avoids the crowds
- Late departure, late finish.
- Sunset in Phang Nga bay
- Includes sea cave kayaking at night.
- Includes lunch and dinner on the boat.
- John Grey Sea Canoe >>
- Starts late, finishes late.
- Fast catamaran for comfort and stability.
- Includes James Bond Island, Koh Hong, Koh Panak. Koh Lawa.
- kayaking and swimming.
- Phang Nga bay tour from Phuket >>
- River tubing
- Elephant bathing or trekking in the beautifully unspoiled Kapong district of Phang Nga province.
- Good low season tour
- 2,500 baht
- Tubing Phang Nga bay >>
- Recommended for families or small groups.
- Our guides will show you the best of Phang Nga including James Bond Island, Koh Panyee, Wat Suwan Kuha
- Private minibus and private long tail boat.
- Flexible itinerary
- From 8,300 baht
- Private tour to Phang Nga bay >>
- Maximum 6 in a long tail boat
- Focus on kayaking in Koh Panak, Koh Hong and caves
- Option to add James Bond Island
- Option to start or finish in Khao Lak or Krabi
- From 9,900 baht
- Private sea cave kayaking Phang Nga bay >>
- Full day tour including Koh Panyee and James Bond Island
- Thru the mangroves in a traditional longtail boat
- Elephant trek
- Cheap Phang Nga bay tour >>
Phang Nga tours
Phang Nga Bay tours are not snorkeling tours, Phang Nga bay (distinct from Phang Nga province) isn’t really a place to go snorkeling, the water isn’t clear enough. But it’s a beautiful location and a must see destination. There are many different ways to experience the beautiful Phang Nga province by sea or land.
A day cruise around Phang Nga bay on a Chinese sailing junk is an enchanting way to experience the many islands. The tour includes a visit to James Bond island and the Koh Panyee stilted fishing village plus exploration of the caves and the mangroves. On the return journey the boat stops for some swimming at Lawa island. Longer sailing cruises are also available. So are short sunset cruises.
For the more energetic, kayaking in Phang Nga Bay’s many caves should be high on your “to do” list. There are several options available, our favourite is Hong By Starlight which includes exploring the caves at night as well as by day. For an adrenaline rush try white water rafting. Our private tours to Phang Nga are very popular for groups.