Beginner SCUBA diving
PADI Discover Scuba Diving Phuket (DSD)
The Discover Scuba Diving Phuket day trip is for beginners who want to try diving for the first time.
A Discover Scuba Dive (sometimes called a DSD, Intro Dive, Try Dive or Resort Dive) is a guided dive with a qualified PADI Instructor.
- An easy introduction for beginners to the world of scuba diving.
- No previous experience is required.
- You do not have to sit and study in a classroom.
- Suitable for snorkelers with a diving partner as this day trip combines both diving and snorkeling.
- 2-3 dives boat dives at the outer islands of Racha Noi and Racha Yai.
- All equipment provided.
- Professional PADI instructor.
- Available all year round.
PADI Discover Scuba Diving itinerary
7.00-7.30 hrs: You will be picked up from your hotel and transferred by air con minibus to Chalong Bay. Exact pick up time depends on your hotel location.
8.30-10.30 hrs: The dive boat takes about 2 hours to reach Racha Noi Island. A light breakfast is available on board.
10.45-11.45 hrs: First dive at Racha Noi.
12.00-13.00 hrs: Lunch is served on board.
13.00-14.00 hrs: Second dive at Racha Noi.
14.00-14.30 hrs: The boat cruises to Racha Yai Island.
15.00-16.00 hrs: Third dive at Racha Noi.
16.00-17.30 hrs: Cruise back to Chalong pier. Snacks served on board.
17.30-1900 hrs: Transfer back to your hotel.
Discover Scuba Diving Price: 4,900 baht per person
Price includes: PADI dive Instructor, all scuba equipment, lunch, fresh fruits, round trip transfers from hotels in Kata, Karon, Rawai, Naiharn and Patong beach areas (transfer fees may be charged for other areas).
Snorkeler/Non diver price: 2,200 baht per person
Certified Diver price: 4,000 baht per diver
Discover SCUBA Diving pre-requisites: To participate in a Discover SCUBA program you must be at least 10 years old. You must not be flying in any aircraft within 24 hours of SCUBA diving. You must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You must read and complete the PADI medical statement.
Cancellations: Must be made by email from the lead contact to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of cancellation the following charges apply:
– 7 days or more prior to the package or tour date: full refund less bank fees.
– 3-6 days prior to the package or tour date: 30% of total price
– Within 72 hours of the package or tour date, or no show: 100% of total price.
Weather Policy: This is an all weather tour and still runs if it is raining in the morning. The tour will be cancelled if the forecast is for rough sea unsafe for small boats. The decision to cancel is made on the morning of the tour by the boat captain and the harbour master, not the passengers. If a trip is cancelled because of bad weather you can reschedule to the next available day. If you cannot reschedule you will be refunded in full.
How to book
How to book
Please contact us to confirm availability.
What is Discover SCUBA Diving and who can do it? Find out here.